NCADA created this commercial to remind everyone that when it comes to addiction, there is hope, treatment works, and recovery is possible. This commercial airs on KSDK Channel 5 this summer.
NCADA is a community health agency in St. Louis, Missouri. We work to reduce or prevent the harms of alcohol and other drug use through education, intervention and advocacy.
NCADA provides research-based, substance use prevention education as well as resiliency and leadership training to school-age youth; science-based information about addiction disorders to the public; professional assessments to adults and adolescents for possible substance use problems; referrals to treatment when necessary; transitional counseling to adolescents and caregivers; and advocacy activities that increase public awareness of substance misuse issues and that support sound policies which offer effective solutions. We are NOT a treatment center.
NCADA is the region’s largest provider of school-based substance use prevention programming. In 2016, it delivered research-based and evidence-informed curricula to more than 76,000 students (K-12) in more than 280 public and non-public schools in the area. Overall, NCADA serves more than 120,000 people annually throughout its service area.
NCADA’s accomplishments have been recognized by:
- United Way of Greater St. Louis, which classifies NCADA as a full member agency that meets all of its quality assurance standards;
- Missouri Department of Mental Health, which recognizes NCADA as fully compliant with all certification standards and authorized to deliver programs to high-risk students. DMH also designates NCADA as a Regional Support Center authorized to educate, assist, and train individuals and community organizations in advocacy involving substance-misuse public policies;
- Better Business Bureau of Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois, which recognizes NCADA as meeting all 20 standards for charity accountability and gives NCADA an A+ rating;
- The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, which in December 2012 presented its Outstanding Community Prevention Effort Award to NCADA and the St. Louis County Drug Task Force for their collaborative “Not Even Once” anti-heroin campaign;
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which in June 2016 ranked NCADA as the “#1 Top Workplace” among all small firms in the St. Louis region. It was the fourth consecutive year NCADA was named a Top Workplace, and the second consecutive year we rated as the number one Top Workplace in St. Louis (50-100 employees).
We are a 501(c)(3) with a $4.3 million budget. More information about our agency can be found here.